Thursday, June 13, 2013

Anchors Aweight Sailor Romper


I recently had the pleasure of pattern testing for Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop, and ho-ly smokes is it cute! When I threw in my hat to be a pattern tester for this adorable little pattern, I wasn’t sure that I’d actually be picked, in fact I thought for sure that I wouldn’t be because her patterns, being as adorable and comfy as they are (and trust me I have many, many of them which are hits with my little girl) there is usually quite a few people (read that as HUNDREDS) of people jumping up and down with their hands raised offering to be tester. So when I got the email asking to test, I. was. THRILLED. Especially since it was for a BOYS outfit, and a cute one at that. If you aren’t aware, and I’m sure if you have looked at any of the PDF pattern makers on the market, boys patterns are few and far between, and most of them of the same ‘ole thing time after time.



When I opened up the pattern and got to reading it I realized just how easy it really is! A beginner could definitely do this- thought there are the dreaded….. Button holes. With which I have a love/hate relationship. To be absolutely truthful, I only did buttons on the front of the shorts, the back of the shorts and the shirt I did plastic snaps, which suit me much more. Admittedly, I was kind of worried about doing button holes though the elastic I had chosen, since it was a really think elastic and my machine hates that elastic to begin with. Though I’ve heard from others that their elastic button holes when great! So don’t let keep you from trying them!

Here are a few adorable pictures of my son in the outfit. I think I’m going to make another one (or four) for him. They were very true to size and I can imagine you could use just about any woven fabric. I really wouldn’t do knit with it. I made mine using a light weight shirting fabric because it gets super hot and muggy here in Pittsburgh but it would be divine in a heavy fabric like twill or denim.


Verdict: BUY THING PATTERN!!! (in a later post, I’ll show how cute it looks on little girls too!)

 

1 comment: