Thursday, September 10, 2015

Tutorial: Easy Peasy Burp Cloth Pattern and Tutorial

I have a bunch of tutorials that I published on my old blog, and since rebranding myself to ARK Designs/ Designing Mommy, they've kind of fallen away, so I figured id start pulling on over from that page every now and then until they're all on this blog instead of that one (especially since they're so weird pop ups attached to that one that weren't me and I have no clue how to get rid of them) so without further ado... The Easy Peasy Burp Cloth Pattern!

Like most moms of newborns, it became necessary to protect my clothes from constant burp-ups (kinda like spit-up, but its that gorge of milk that comes back up when burping, usually followed by a giggle and a smile from baby, but a grrrrr from mommy).  I found myself just grabbing anything I could: receiving blankets, towels, or random clothing pieces.  I soon realized I didn’t have any true burp cloths, so I when to making one.  When, in the design phase, I decided I’d like a shoulder contour for maximum protection, this I what design surfaced.  And this is crazy simple.

What you’ll need:
            The basics
            The Pattern
            1/2 yard of terry cloth (or fleece)
            1/2 yard of cotton or flannel of your choice

I started by cutting one of the pattern (one the fold) of each fabric.

Stitch all the way around leaving a 4-5 inch hole on the one side (long straight side)

Notch the curves

Flip and iron

Top-stitch around the edge at 1/2 inch seam allowance

Easy-peasy-done.   I used matching thread to my flannel fabric for the whole thing, it gave the white terry side a pop of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment