Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Liesel Pattern Review for Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop

 

 
I had the pleasure of recently testing the new Peek-a-boo pattern shop pattern, the Liesel Peasant dress and tunic. It truly is adorable. It at first looks like a typical peasant dress, but don’t be deceived, it has lots of details. Instead of being an elastic neck, it is gathered and bound with bias tape. It has a key hole opening in the neck line and a tie closure.


The pattern has several variations such as dress length or tunic, short or long sleeves and the option to put shirring around the waist.

I made a friend’s daughter a nautical inspired tunic with long sleeves and a hand embroidered anchor on it. She absolutely loved it! Even though its 95 degrees outside, she didn’t want to take it off!

I also made my daughter one. She picked out the fabric, an adorable green leaf print from Michael Miller. I even decoded to attempt shirring again- even thought I’ve had disastrous outcomes in the past (and almost trashed my sewing machine in anger). I love how it turned out- which was perfect (probably just a fluke haha). -- And she also loved it too, she begged me to “pictures outside?” after she tried it on… which means she loved it - therefore wanting to model it for pictures.


The pattern sewed up super easy and only took me around an hour to complete. It took just over half a yard for the size 2 for my daughter, and about ¾ yards for the size 10 - both long sleeved.

 

Verdict: You have got to get this pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment