Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It is Well with my Soul Printable


“It is Well with my Soul” is a very important hymn to me. I always loved it in church, but when my mom passed in May of 2011, it gave me the strength to move on for myself and my family, especially my daughter. She was my best friend and when I lost her, it was like losing the world. This hymn refers to 2 Kings 4:26, the meaning behind the hymn is a story of a Shunammite woman whose son died but was restored to life again because of her faith in the Lord. It is about dealing with loss, I hadn’t realized that, until I listened to the lyrics of it closer. But it can relate to the rest of life too, such as when your life is a mess, you can be well within your soul, if you ask the Lord for the help. I made this printable/poster, for about my mantle to remind me of this ever day.


I love the look of this printable, I LOVE how it looks on my mantle, but who wants to spend upwards of 30-60 dollars on one off of Etsy.com or the like. I made this poster for around 10 dollars. Seriously. And I’m talking EVEN the frame. It is just a cheap 18”x24” poster frame, I got mine from Joann Fabric for $7.49 (it was on sale 50% off) but sign up for their coupons, they ALWAYS have coupons, I actually use the mobile app, because I forget to carry the coupons, but ALWAYS have my cell phone. The print was really cheap too, I took the printable I designed, on a flash drive, to FedEx/Kinko’s and had it printed to fit my frame, they did all the hard work of resizing and EVERYTHING, and on top of that, it only cost $2.49 for the print.


I put it into the frame and arranged the rest of my mantle around it. And I have to say, I’ve fallen in love with it. And you can do it too! Here is a link to the printable, feel free to use it as you wish (but pretty please, don’t sell it yourself). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment